Thursday, July 16, 2009

Chistmas in July?

While driving home yesterday my kids were making suggestions for watching a movie when we got home, my son wanted us to watch "Charlie Brown's Christmas" which he had checked out from our local library. (Yes the library offers great ways to save..... I'll talk about that another day!) Anyway, knowing I like Charlie Brown, he was hoping I would encourage him, however I commented that I didn't really want Christmas in July. Well, that got me thinking about ways to save..... for Christmas......in July....


  1. Make a list of all the people you plan to buy gifts for, there are approximately 23 weeks until Christmas, so divide those weeks between your number of people. For example if you will buy gifts for 10 people you could easily plan to buy one gift every 2 weeks and be done in plenty of time for Christmas.

  2. Start watching for sales. If you see a great sale going on, take advantage and look for something that suits someone on your gift list. (By the way, if I see a great sale I will alert you too!) Back to school sales will be promoted very soon, you might get some great deals.

  3. Do you send Christmas cards? Make your card list and if you have some cards on hand you could even write one or two each week.

  4. Think about online shopping, you can research some of the items you might want and subscribe at various webstores for e-mail alerts so that you know when items go on sale. Also, lots of stores offer special offers to those on their mailing list.Being in the know can save you lots of money.

Well, these are just a few ways to save for Christmas in July, you might enjoy your results:



  • Reduce the stress associated with Christmas time by being ahead of your game!

  • Invest a little energy each day or week to be able to enjoy more family time during the Christmas season.

  • Save money by shopping when you see an item on sale!

Be sure to let me know if you have great results or any ideas to share!


No comments: