Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Need a break?

Can't believe it's been a week since my last post, you might think I've been slacking off, it's just that there's been so much else going on. Less than two weeks now until I start my kids back to school (homeschool). We have everything we need, I think, I'm just starting to get myself prepared now. I am anticipating a wonderful year...... summer has been a nice break and I wasn't really looking forward to getting back into school, but now that we're getting things organized we are all more excited about it.

I hope you got some great back to school deals, I can't believe I missed the 1 cent filler paper at Staples, I knew about it and planned to go in.... the week went faster than I did unfortunately. Oh well, good thing I still have 4 packs left from last year!


Anyway, if you are still on the lookout for savings ideas consider this... you like to go out with your hubby for a date but the cost of babysitters sometimes makes it hard to afford. Find a friend who also has kids and make a deal with her. You can alternate weeks where you watch her kids one evening for her and then the next week she takes care of your kids so that you can have an evening out. You'll save money and be a blessing to each other, the kids will probably love having a special evening once a week with friends too.

If you don't have a friend with kids of a similar age to yours, look for opportunities to get to know other moms, maybe at school, church or sports activities. Spend some time building relationships first so that you can be sure you can trust each other with your kids.


Well.... gotta go and get busy, have a wonderful day.

Smart Mom