Friday, November 13, 2009

The First Thanksgiving

As a homeschooling parent, I have learned to look for opportunities to teach my children in a variety of ways. It is so fun to make the most of holiday celebrations and bring history to life as we follow traditions passed down. Thanksgiving is one of those wonderful celebrations, it truly provides a learning experience, an opportunity to teach and reinforce the history of this nation to our future generations.


Here is a nice resource on The First Thanksgiving. I received the link to this website from another mom on a homeschooling Yahoo group, and when I checked it out I immediately thought it would be a great resource for me to use with my children. So I want to share it with you also; perhaps you have not seen it and would enjoy it, even if you don't have kids to share it with. Also, I know some of my readers are not in the US, so maybe you don't know that much about the history of the Thanksgiving celebration - I really didn't before I met my husband and moved here. It is always good to learn something new!

So take a look at The First Thanksgiving there are student activities and lots of interesting facts. I hope you find it useful!

Smart Mom

Share/Save/Bookmark

Please remember to shop at Smart Mom's Store I appreciate your support

No comments: