Saturday, November 14, 2009

Turkey Tips



If you are planning to serve turkey for Thanksgiving dinner, it is worthwhile to spend a little time researching and planning so that you can be assured of a moist, delicious turkey.

Turkey has acquired quite a reputation over the years and it's not all been good! I'm sure you've heard many a turkey tale and enjoyed laughing about it over the Thanksgiving meal. Early on in our marriage, my husband and I dined out on Thanksgiving because our turkey was still frozen. I have fought with turkeys to remove the giblets and neck from the cavity (don't know why they have to put those in there anyway... I never use them!), and then tried to hold onto the slippery bird in the sink while rinsing it out. No, this is not a task for the faint-hearted, but take courage these trials can be overcome and after cooking a few turkeys you will find out it's really not that complicated or difficult to successfully cook a turkey.

Well, there are numerous suggestions and tips to assist you along the way, I'm going to refer you today to the Butterball website, because they really know their turkey and it looks like they've got their act together. They have a complete Thanksgiving Guide, I recommend you check it out and get lots of tips for planning a great Thanksgiving celebration. They also have some great calculators to help you with:
  • How long to thaw?
  • Planning perfect portions
  • How long to cook?
I'll be bringing you some more Thanksgiving tips and recipes in the coming days so be sure to subscribe to my blog to stay in touch, and of course I always love to hear from you!

Smart Mom

Share/Save/Bookmark

Please remember to shop at Smart Mom's Store I appreciate your support

No comments: